Delivering nutrition recommendations to clients must be specific and include brand, product, form, amount, and frequency, including treats/snacks. Be sure to include supplements, edible dental products, edible toys, and foods used to hide medication. If it is not water and is ingested, it contains calories (and nutrients)!
- Client communication is critical when communicating with clients.
- If dietary changes are being implemented, it is recommended to follow up with the client in 2 weeks. Following up with clients is the key to compliance. Take into consideration patient acceptance, palatability, gastro-intestinal signs, or adverse behavior, and client acceptance. Recheck the patients’ BW, BCS and MCS at 4 weeks, and adjustments can be made if needed.
- Remind clients to transition diets over several days to a week if needed.
- Feeding multi-cat households and mulit-dog households can be tricky. Help clients navigate solutions that will employ success!
- There are some picky eater’s out there! Understand where the client is coming from and seek solutions that are best for the pet.