- Each member of the veterinary practice team has a responsibility to communicate the importance of nutrition to clients. In fact, every member should be viewed as a “nutrition champion.”1
- Practice manager’s overall role: Confirms that all veterinary practice team members carry out their roles. Provides committed leadership on proper nutrition for the entire team.
- Practice manager’s specific tasks:
- Meets with doctors and technicians to discuss how the nutrition protocol will be implemented.1
- Verifies there are adequate supplies of materials for exam rooms and at the reception desk.2
- Plans team meetings for training, education, and encouragement.
- Measures results manually or by using software. It has been shown that monitoring results leads to compliance and success.1
- Develops a marketing plan that promotes preventive health care (which includes nutrition).1